Saturday, February 22, 2014

New/Expecting Mommies

I have learned so much over the last 4 months! I have learned a new love that I have never known until I became a mommy. I loved J before I knew his gender (when he was born. Yes, we were one of the "crazy" couples who didn't want to know. I loved it. Yes, you CAN go without finding out. People used to do it ALL the time. end of rant lol) I have found a deeper love for my husband. And I have learned there are a lot of unnecessary accoutrements (haha, I have never typed that word) that come along with babies and there are LOTS that I LOVE!

Some things we have very much relied on are these bottles! When I had to stop breast feeding they were a life saver. We bought ATLEAST 10 different types of bottles and these worked amazingly. I am getting tired of all the pieces, so I tried a different brand and he refused. High maintenance baby haha!

One thing I probably would not buy again but works amazingly is this swing thingy. He hated regular swings but loved to be laid on his back and bounced up and down. Your arms tire so quickly and you can't lay him on your legs and do it…he screams. So, it was a lifesaver…and if you get gift cards it would probably be worth it to all moms.

Swaddlers were a must until he started rolling over. He has WILD arms that would just flap around and wake him up constantly! These were my favorite brand. We got them at target. He consistently busted out of the SleepSak brand.

Playmats are so helpful! J plays on his probably about 2-3 hours a day! Specific brands probably don't matter.

Diapers…you will always have arguments with other moms. We like Huggies little snugglers bc they have what we call the "Safety Strap" along the top of the back. (you know, for blow outs) But, I get Pampers really cheap through work. So, we only use Huggies at night.

These pacis work best if you are breastfeeding bc they help with suck training. We have swapped since he is on formula now.

This carseat cover was a lifesaver for nosy people wanting to peek and touch on your new baby. Especially if they were born during cold/flu season like Jensen. Not to mention I got mine free (just paid shipping). These people also make a nursing pillow, a sling, and an nursing cover. They have codes and coupons everywhere for the same deal where you only pay shipping.

This sleeper was nice while J had bad reflux. It is so portable! But, you can only use is until they start rolling over.

I tried 2-3 different breast pumps. This was my ultimate favorite brand! It was SO efficient. You can adjust the speed AND suction and use it with one or two pumps. I LOVED it. I could pump off 4oz. in less than 2 minutes most of the time. While on nursing stuff…I used disposable nursing pads bc the flannel ones would stick to my skin if I leaked at all…and it hurt SO bad taking them off. Get 3-5 soft (no underwire) nursing bras. Also get nursing tops/pjs. I lived in pj's for about 2 weeks.

I have a Moby wrap but I haven't mastered using it by myself yet haha! I like this one I got at Marshalls that just snaps on.

I don't have a preference for carseats. I have this set from Baby Trend. We are looking at a convertible carseat from Britax that will last until he doesn't need a seat anymore. Britax has the best ratings and can go from newborn to like 70lbs or something!

I saved the best for last. When we were doing our baby registry I saw one of these and said they were the dumbest most expensive things ever. Well, then we went to TN and I had to stop breastfeeding (long story) and went to formula. We had gift cards from a shower there so I told Josh I wanted this on our doorstep when we got home. Are you ready?! HERE IT IS! When J wakes up he is screaming wondering why there isn't a bottle ALREADY in his mouth! This makes a bottle in like 15 seconds!

Also, you can ever have enough receiving blankets. J was SO bad with projectile vomit for a month or two that I used those to cover me instead of using burp rags. Get lots of sheets and mattress covers for spit ups and blow outs. Footie pj's are amazing. A lot of days J never changes out of his. We also haven't gotten very much use out of our mobile over the crib.

EVERY BABY IS DIFFERENT! So, you will have to learn your baby. But, some babies will have some things in common so this may help! Any other questions…just ask. I have probably tried it! lol!

No comments: