I dread writing this one because I am going to feel so vulnerable. But, even though you may think so right now, I am not perfect. You will never be perfect. You will have fears and I pray God allows me to stay around long enough to help you overcome them.
1. I fear failure
I was always hard on myself in school with academics. I wanted to win EVERY spelling bee and make the highest grade on every test and get done with every multiplication quiz first. I wanted to do things "right". I hated the thought of ever disappointing my mother and this was a driving force a lot of my childhood. I wanted to be like her. I definitely haven't failed at that! I am constantly finding ways me and your Grandma Vicki are alike!
Anyway, I remember getting my first C and D on a test and feeling like a failure. I remember failing my first college course and being devastated. I remember being told I couldn't return to the private college I was at because I had failed a class. I thought my world was OVER! This is why it took me 4 years to go back to school. My fear of failure was so strong. But, your dad was my biggest fan and pushed me so hard! With lots of love, support, and hard work your mommy is now a nurse!
I struggle a lot with being scared of failing as a Christian, wife, and mother. But, I think most moms do!
2. I fear change
I was so scared to go to college and still remember the heart crushing look on my mother's face as I drove away. I remember crying the whole 2 hour drive. I remember talking to her 6+ times a day. I remember not knowing how I was going to make it without her…here creeps in that fear of failure again.
Then I was scared of the HUGE change of getting married. I was so excited, but it was a big change. I would be living 7 hours away from family. (This turns out to be one of the best decisions we could have made because we learned to rely on one another).
I was nervous about the change of moving to TX. I flat out did not want to. But, I told your daddy I trusted him and would support whatever decision he thought was best for us. We are still here almost 5 years later.
You were the biggest change so far! And I have never been so scared or felt so inadequate in my whole life. I probably always will. But, I am trying and that will NEVER change!
3. I fear losing loved ones
This is one I can't think about for too long. It is a legitimate WORRY if I don't concentrate hard to control my mind. I don't like thinking about having to live my life without some very special people. Maybe I will expound on this later…but, I con't let my mind go there tonight.
A few other fears include: lighthouses, spiders, crunching bugs, haunted houses, potatoes with eyes, etc.
Baby J, you will have fears. But, always remember that there is always The Great Comforter you can rely on.
(I had 4 hours of sleep so overlook the grammatical errors.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment