Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy Second Day of the New Year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year!
So, I have been thinking about New Years Resolutions. I am so tired of the same "lose weight and get organized" resolutions! They are the same every year! So, along with Kelley, I have set more realistic goals!
(1) Become a stronger Christian. I want to deepen my daily studies and I want to pray more meaningful and reverent prayers, not that they have been irreverent, but I want to grow closer to my Maker. I want to feel a comfort like no other in times of trouble, knowing He is the one I turn to first!
(2) I want to continue to grow to be a better wife. I have just finished reading the book "Created to be his helpmeet" and I would suggest any wife read it! The lady who wrote it isn't a memeber of the Church so use discretion when reading. I have now started reading "Power of a praying wife" I started it last year but naturally got distracted by other books and forgot about it. I don't ever want to give my husband reason to even think about straying. I want him to be so satisfied with our relationship that the most beautiful woman alive could stand in front of him and not phase him! I want to respect and love him the way he deserves.
(3) Get Active! We were doing so well before Christmas about working out! Then, we went to TN. We got away from our routine and our gym and let it go. I want us to get back into our routine. We are praying that our house will sell and we may be able to get a gym membership. The gym we are using now is at our apartments and is composed of a broken stationary bike, one treadmill, and a weight bench. So, we would like the option of taking classes and different machines. In time....

These are a few of the things I am working on. We are both working on money management (as I am sure everyone else is). We are doing well, but we could always do better. I am trying to branch out when cooking. I am scared to try too many new things because I have a picky husband ;). I love it when he likes what I cook and he tells me all the time to "cook anything you want to try, if I don't like it....it's ok, it doesn't mean you are a bad cook" I understand this but, I am cooking for him. When he has been working I want him to be able to look forward to a good meal, you know! So, maybe one new dish every other week. One other thing I am working on is keeping in touch better! Facebook...you have made me a little lazy! I want to call and write more often...not just when I see a new status or pics! I have family members that I would love to keep in touch with! So, here I go! 2010 Get ready!

No comments: