Wednesday, December 9, 2009

These Ladies Have My Heart!


The longer we work with the people here at The 9th and Main congregation the more I fall in love! I feel we definately made the right decision in moving to Texas. I was very hesitant in the beginning...it is so far from our families and friends. But, I can honestly say that this is the most loving, working, caring and thoughtful congregation we have ever worked with...maybe even attended. People are always checking on one another and visiting. There are these two ladies in the congregation (a mother-in-law and daughter-in-law) that go out every Thursday to the nursing homes and always take some kind of snack for the shut-ins. If you are wondering how someone may be doing after surgery or illness...you can call one of about 50 people in the congregation and they will know because they have checked on them. There are no cliques or special groups...it is wonderful!
Yesterday as I was fixing to begin Ladies Bible Class, Josh walked in the door with 3 HUGE bags. He said "Ashley, on behalf of the Ladies Class I would like to present you with this gift" I opened 6 packages of Fiesta ware! There was only 1 lady I had talked with about this. I had told her, as we looked over her beautiful china, that I had always loved the fiesta ware but would never start my own collection becuase it would cost so much to get started. They had picked out 6 differnet place setting each of a different color and a salt and pepper shaker that was a different color also. If I hadn't had about 15 ladies staring at me I would have cried like a baby.
These ladies are Proverbs 31 Ladies who are always working, thinking of each other and what they can do to help someone and brighten their day! These women have taught me so much over the course of the class. They all hold a very special place in my heart. They inspire me to do so much more and work so much harder. God bless the women in the Ladies Bible Class at 9th and Main!

On another note (as I wipe my tears) today is our 3rd Anniversary! I cannot believe it has flown by so fast! Most days I still can't believe we are finally married...much less believe that it has been for 3 years! Josh woke me up with a card and a gift card to Hobby Lobby this morning and then tomorrow we are headed to Lubbock to see TSO. He also surprised me with a stay at a Bed and Breakfast since the concert would last so long and it is a 3 hour drive home! I am so excited! I know we will love it!
Well, we leave for home on Monday! We are so excited to be going to TN! We will be able to spend much needed quality time with family! This is my favorite time of the year! Please keep us in your prayers as we travel!

1 comment:

Micah said...

That's so sweet! I'm so glad you found a congregation full of such wonderful ladies! Happy Anniversary!